Headless Build With Eclipse
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
You might face with the problem of having a lot of dependency information stored in Your Eclipse projects, but this information cannot be used to create nightly builds. There are tools like Ant4Eclipse, or Eclipse JDT-APT, but they have issues. We tried to solve such issues.
- Ant4Eclipse is out of date, and stopped completely
- JDT-APT can not run currently Ant builders of projects, since there is a bug in ant framework (to be corrected in 3.6)
We created a little opensource plugin (headlesseclipse) for the following tasks:
- Creating a workspace from a set of folders (just like after checking out, one does not have .metadata.
- Compiling projects
- Correcting dependency issues coming from order of importing projects
- Capturing console information from ant builders of projects
- Dumping classpath information of projects to enable unit testing
- Export WARs
Plugin in alpha phase, we welcome any contribution, or feedback.
Download the plugin and copy to plugins folder. Eclipse 3.4 and 3.5 with webtools is needed.
New release is on the way. New features will be jar export based upon saved jardesc file, EAR export. We will publish this week.
Eclipse Build (game engine)
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.