What to Consider When Developing On-Demand Applications
Traditional app development is being revolutionized thanks to the on-demand economy. What do you need to know if you’re going to take advantage of the opportunity?
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
In the era of globalization, traditional business models are being replaced way faster than expected. With the right coupling of apps, products and services can be delivered instantly. Effective network infrastructure is essentially driving availability.
The traditional availability chain is being revolutionized thanks to the on-demand economy. Also, the netizens are comprehending the usage of ultra-age technologies.
Categories of On-Demand Delivery Apps
The first thing that we all look for after driving home from work is food, and entrepreneurs have begun to identify this need. Consequently, food is being delivered to people at their doorsteps with the assistance of on-demand food delivery apps like DoorDash, GrubHub; Uber Eats, Seamless, Postmates, and more.
The new-delivery model concept has created its own logistics networks that promise to deliver for restaurants that, as a service, sometimes don’t provide home delivery. New food delivery services are creating a buzz and making tremendous growth in an unusual market.
E-commerce became a comprehensive sector with the foremost adaptable interface and have left no products untouched. These e-commerce apps deliver almost everything including clothes, electronic appliances, and accessories, with a huge range of fashionable brands.
Window shopping from on-demand grocery shopping apps helps to save plenty of time and money without waiting for long queues. Search for the groceries you need, add to cart and get it delivered at your doorstep within a couple of hours.
Many issues are possibly resolved with the arrival of on-demand economy healthcare. Such apps eliminate the need for standing in never-ending queues to have an appointment with a doctor. Also, medicines can get delivered to patients with just a matter of a few clicks.
Transportation and Travel
Among the favorite on-demand applications, cab services stand first in line, and have brought a revolution to daily transportation. With convenient modes of payment and cheap fares, such apps are a boon for all of us.
Associate With the Right Audience
The first step is to conduct a survey to identify your potential customers. Consider the problems or pains faced by the people; this might provide you with an honest idea of which direction to travel by considering something unique and different from others.
1. Customer App Features
- Push notifications to update users on their product or service.
- Real-time tracking so users can track the status of their orders or service in real-time.
- Payment integration: Make sure that your payment system is fast, secure, and reliable. Multiple payment options can make the payment option convenient.
- Favorites to help end-users to mark their favorite service or products. It helps them to hunt out them out quickly to save time and energy.
- Reviews and ratings to allow customers to rate their experience and provide feedback for the service providers.
- Help and support to answer customer questions and enhance the customer service experience.
2. Service Provider App Features
- Push notification: A service provider receives an alert as soon as a user avails for its service or product.
- Accepting and rejecting requests: Service providers should have the authority to easily accept or reject a call for participation within a given period.
- Start and end service: The service provider should have a module to start out the service and to end it once it is ver.
- Track Earnings: Service providers should have a feature that helps them to track their earnings so they can plan their day more efficiently.
- Work on your schedules: Enables the flexibility to work whenever service providers want. Service providers can select their schedule and start working at their convenience.
- Select your availability: The service provider should be given an option to decide their availability when they are available and not available for service.
3. Admin App Features
- Dashboard: Allows both service providers and users to easily navigate to different sections.
- Matching algorithm: Can be done through automatic algorithm-based matching or manual matching by the administrator.
- Manage users: Admin can manage all customer’s affairs like payments, discounts, and cancellation charges as well as get answers to user questions.
- Manage pricing: Admin should have the authority to manage the pricing based on demand.
- Analytics and reports: Analytics provide information like number of services availed, canceled, and repeated. It helps in acquiring essential insights that help prevent bottlenecks and strengthen services.
4. Test and Launch
Technosip, together with its core on-demand developers and the internal testing team, works consistently.
Once the app is developed and is ready to unveil, Technosip helps to publish it on the app stores.
Long story short, for many key industries, on-demand services seems like a bright future. If your business plays a pivotal role in staging ground for a gaggle of buyers and sellers or service providers and receivers, you need to invest in on-demand app development services and solutions without a doubt.
Published at DZone with permission of Harry Stone. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.