It has been another exciting week on Hortonworks Community Connection HCC. We continue to see great activity and recommend the following assets from last week.
Top Articles From HCC
- HDF installation on EC2 by: mpandit
- Hortonworks DataFlow (HDF) powered by Apache NiFi, Kafka and Storm, collects, curates, analyzes and delivers real-time data from the IoAT to data stores both on-premises and in the cloud. This is the quick installation guide to install Apache NiFi on AWS EC2 instance.
- Hortonworks Connected Data Cloud Overview by: mpandit
- Hortonworks Cloud is a system for launching and managing a data lake on AWS. You can easily launch HDP clusters for analyzing and processing data. With Apache Hadoop. Use this document as supplement guide to existing official guide by Hortonworks.
- Accessing Facebook Page Data from Apache NiFi by: tspann
- Accessing public social data from Facebook for a company’s page is easy. Then just use Apache NiFi to do some interesting things with the data.
- How to get the HDP version on a Linux system? by: HWSupport
- Need to get HDP running on Linux, here is the definitive guide.
- Hive UDFs vs Spatial SQL by: cstanca
- This article is a complement to Geo-spatial Queries with Hive using ESRI Geometry and Spatial Framework for Hadoop and includes a few more findings.
Top 5 Questions — Last Week
- Size of HDFS
- How can I upload ORC files to Hive?
- Unable to run Hadoop commands
- Nifi and Clustering
- Hive query failed over JDBC.
Come join us on HCC and participate.