HCC Top Articles: HDF Installation, UDFs vs. Spatial SQL, and More
Check out this week's top articles from the Hortonworks community.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
It has been another exciting week on Hortonworks Community Connection HCC. We continue to see great activity and recommend the following assets from last week.
Top Articles From HCC
- HDF installation on EC2 by: mpandit
- Hortonworks DataFlow (HDF) powered by Apache NiFi, Kafka and Storm, collects, curates, analyzes and delivers real-time data from the IoAT to data stores both on-premises and in the cloud. This is the quick installation guide to install Apache NiFi on AWS EC2 instance.
- Hortonworks Connected Data Cloud Overview by: mpandit
- Hortonworks Cloud is a system for launching and managing a data lake on AWS. You can easily launch HDP clusters for analyzing and processing data. With Apache Hadoop. Use this document as supplement guide to existing official guide by Hortonworks.
- Accessing Facebook Page Data from Apache NiFi by: tspann
- Accessing public social data from Facebook for a company’s page is easy. Then just use Apache NiFi to do some interesting things with the data.
- How to get the HDP version on a Linux system? by: HWSupport
- Need to get HDP running on Linux, here is the definitive guide.
- Hive UDFs vs Spatial SQL by: cstanca
- This article is a complement to Geo-spatial Queries with Hive using ESRI Geometry and Spatial Framework for Hadoop and includes a few more findings.
Top 5 Questions — Last Week
- Size of HDFS
- How can I upload ORC files to Hive?
- Unable to run Hadoop commands
- Nifi and Clustering
- Hive query failed over JDBC.
Come join us on HCC and participate.
Published at DZone with permission of , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.