TL;DR – Download and install the new Windows Azure Training Kit. Now!
Yesterday Microsoft released the Windows Azure Training Kit 2013 Refresh (I know, the name really rolls of the tongue). In all seriousness though, this is a great resource for both developers and IT professionals who want to learn about the Windows Azure platform. The training kit includes the following:
- 50+ hands-on labs
- 25+ demos
- 30+ presentation
The August 2013 refresh includes the following new and updated content:
- New Lab: Going Live with Windows Azure Web Sites
- New Lab: Automatically Scaling Web Applications on Windows Azure Web Sites
- New Lab: Creating a Windows Azure Mobile Service with a Custom API
- New Lab: Introduction to Windows Azure Active Directory
- Updated: Introduction to Windows Azure Access Control
- New Exercises: Getting Started with Windows Azure Storage
- Updated: Windows Azure Service Bus Messaging
This is a great free resource for helping you get started with Azure.
Wait, what’s that you say? You think there should be something else in the kit? You’re in luck! The Windows Azure Training Kit is on GitHub. After you read the Contribution License Agreement (CLA) feel free to contribute. Happy forking!