Today I watched the video below on how to build a StackOverflow with RavenDB. This was my first video on a document store database, and it was amazing to show show interesting and easy it is to use it for a site like StackOverflow.
I was surprised to know that RavenDB supports transactions and by its integration with Linq. Although it's a .NET solution only and requires a commercial license if you're not working on an open source project, it was good to start learning the benefits of a document store.
It also supports full text search, which is implemented under the hood using Lucene.NET.
If you're interested in getting your StackOverflow running, do the following:
- Download RavenDB from RavenDB website
- Extract RavenDB into a directory and run Server\Raven.Server.exe
- Download RavenOverflow from its GitHub repository
- Extract RavenOverflow in a directory and open RavenOverflow.sln in Visual Studio
- Right-click on "RavenOverflow.Web" and click on "Set as StartUp Project"
- Hit F5 in Visual Studio