How Can I Enable ITSM as Code?
As Agile, DevOps, and cloud adoption continue to change IT, roles are changing as well. See how automated IT service management results in higher quality code and apps.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Thanks to Sarah Lahav, CEO of SysAid Technologies for sharing her thoughts on how cloud service providers are enabling IT service management (ITSM) as code. SysAid has been helping companies with ITSM for 20 years.
With migration to the cloud, IT roles are changing. Operations are not in charge of cloud versus hardware infrastructures. As we know from the DevOps movement, the more we can automate recurring human processes the more we can reduce failure and increase quality, speed, and security.
Automating the process empowers Ops and DevOps to monitor performance in the cloud and make any necessary changes in five different ways:
- With APIs – using APIs to check software and services to connect and automate more quickly.
- With services – Ops and DevOps have assistance in monitoring performance and provides insight into potential interruptions.
- With code – the creation of a virtual machine in AWS EC2 can be done easily with a one-line script on the command line.
- With automation and scripts – reducing the signal to noise ratio enables the cloud infrastructure to be monitored constantly with regards to CPU use to scalability issues.
- With performance operations – a new set of KPIs empowers Ops and DevOps to focus on the quality of service they are providing.
More automation results in greater speed to market, fewer failures, and faster response to improving applications to improve the user experience.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.