In Windows Phone 8.1, there are two ways to project your screen.
Projecting your screen wirelessly uses Miracast technology. This requires a compatible receiver (e.g. a Smart TV, Netgear PTV3000) and will support only on newer WP 8.1.
Here I am going to show the steps to project your windows phone 8.1 screen to an external display by using USB cable.
- You’ll need to install the Project My Screen App on your Windows device (Windows PC, laptop, or tablet).Link to download Project My Screen App http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=42536.
- Use a USB cable to connect your phone to your Windows device as shown below.
- Start the Project My Screen App on your Windows device as like the following screen.
- Once the App starts, it ask permission on your phone. Yes or No is prompted to allow screen projection as like below.
- Select Yes to project your screen as shown below.