How-To Solution Files With VSFileNav
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
A simple visual studio tool to allow rapid navigation and finding of files within a Solution via a number of search patterns.
Features & Benefits
- Name Search - Searches based upon the name of a file by simply using mixed-case search string.
- Wildcard Search - Use standard windows wildcards : ? (any character) or * (number of any characters).
- Camel Case Search - Use uppercase strings to do Camel case searching on file names.
- Highlighting - Filtering as you type with match highlighting.
- Explore To - Use Alt+E to explore to a result.
The extension can be found in the Edit->Find and Replace menu. It only loads when first used so it won't touch your Visual Studio performance. It may take a couple of seconds for large solutions to cache all the file information when used for the first time.
This is not a code search but an extension to make finding specific files quick and easy. This is something I need to use all the time...Installed (And if you just want the vsix, you can get it via the Visual Studio Gallery here, VSFileNav)
Published at DZone with permission of Greg Duncan, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.