Clearing the Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions Cert in One Go!
After some revisions in November, the Azure 70-534 exam is now more complex than ever. Here's one recent test-taker's advice on how to pass with flying colors.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
i’ve recently passed the "architecting microsoft azure solutions (70-534)" certification exam. many of my cloud geek friends asked me to share some details, like study material, time for preparation, etc. for this exam.
i personally also wanted to share these experience, as i really was struggling to get this information prior to taking the exam. so, here are some to-dos that might help you!
for senior technical people with azure exposure, aspiring cloud architects, those interested in passing the azure 70-534 test, and all other it professionals associated with cloud computing, especially the ones who want to learn more about designing for the cloud with microsoft azure, this walk-through will explain some dos and don'ts for preparing for this certification exam.
the microsoft azure 70-534 certification is one of the high-demand certifications on azure.
it was last in november 2016, and passing this test gives you the "microsoft specialist: architecting microsoft azure solutions" certification. also, it takes you on a different type of learning experience altogether.
click here to explore more about this exam.
to pass this exam, you will need only one thing:
a zeal to learn azure, microsoft's constantly growing cloud platform.
this will not be a lengthy article lengthy. it will summarize, as mentioned earlier, some dos and don'ts i would have found helpful beforehand. we'll start with listing don’ts.
- don’t ever go for dumps. most of the available dumps do not help much in preparing you for the exam. rather, you will end up wasting your time on these materials.
- don’t take this exam for granted. after its recent updates in november 2016, it's now one of the most complex exams to pass.
- do try to cover watching ‘introduction’ or ‘getting started’ videos available online, especially from microsoft azure .
- prior to appearing for this certification exam, try to complete the online courses available on the microsoft partner network .
- give first preference to courses covering azure fundamentals, microsoft azure virtual machines, and microsoft azure storage.
- if you like reading, go for free ebooks from microsoft press for microsoft azure at microsoft virtual academy. start with microsoft azure essentials: fundamentals of azure, second edition by michael s. collier and robin e. shahan.
- this would cost you few bugs, but book exam ref 70-534 architecting microsoft azure solutions is an excellent resource for exam preparation.
- microsoft provides a free trial with $200 to spend on all azure services. this is the easiest way for getting your hands dirty and setting up some real azure solutions.
- you must go through the documentation on azure automation, azure runbooks, and azure powershell.
- last but not the least, do watch recently published, microsoft exam 70-534 concepts, especially on recent updates – and exam tips and tricks.
(image src: microsoft azure facebook page)
i would again say, don’t rely strictly on dumps or practice tests, but there's no harm in considering them as part of your learning resources. i hope this list of resources, along with my dos and don’ts, help you pass the exam and earn your azure certification!
also, once done with your certification or if you have any questions, please do comment below.
knowledge grows by sharing! don't forget to share this article. if it would have helped you, it will also help many others too!
all the very best! thank you! happy azure coding!
Published at DZone with permission of Kasam Shaikh. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.