How To Hire A UI and UX Designer
What are some of the essential questions you should ask yourself and a potential UI/UX designer?
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Are you launching a new website or an app? Have you gone through the basic knowledge of UI and UX? What are the factors to consider when you choose a designer? Remember, it’s important to hire a good UI and UX designer. It is essential to make your app or website influential. So, what exactly are UI and UX?
The user interface (UI) is a chain of screens, pages, and visual elements. It includes buttons and icons that enable a person to interact with a product or service. On the other hand, user experience (UX), is the internal experience. It enables a person to interact with every aspect of a company’s products and services.
This post will help you to get a better understanding of the differences between them. Let’s discuss some important points that you should know while hiring a UI and UX designer.
Qualities of a Good UI and UX Designer
1. A good programmer will have knowledge of every tiny detail. He/she must be familiar with the basic principles of UI designing. They will be able to tell you all the psychological aspects of the design, how it can look great, as well as how it may fail. One should know about the basic principles of designing, including color, balance, contrast, typography, and consistency.
2. The process of designing needs a lot of creativity. It goes through a certain process. Your designer must follow this procedure, starting with research. A lot of researching is required for creating something great. It is good to gather ideas from everywhere. This may inspire you to develop a new idea. This process of researching, planning and executing is effective.
3. One of the most important things in designing is getting updated. Technology is changing as time passes. A UI/UX designer must know the latest web designing tools. After all, why would we want to have a website that is outdated?
4. Go through the portfolio and previous works of your designer. This may help you to get a good knowledge about the type of work he/she offers. It is very important to go through previous projects as it allows you to analyze their work and see if he or she can offer the kind of work that you want. Is the designer able to fulfill all your requirements? Will he/she be able to give the results you envision for your company? See the websites they’ve designed. Are they reflecting your company profile? You can check their credibility through the certifications and awards.
5. The pricing range is one of the most essential factors. The communication should be clear and transparent. We should keep in mind that pricing structure of UI/UX design varies, depending on experience, specialization, and the scope of the project. Do a bit of research regarding the market price of designers. The pricing should be according to the quality of work. Your website or app will represent the value of your brand. It will show the importance of its online presence.
When you’re deciding on the pricing structure, it is important to know what you’re paying for. You need to ask for the list of deliverables. Ask in details about the stuff included in the price. And ask what isn’t included. This will help you to get good quality and reasonable cost profession designers.
6. After an app or a website is launched, it needs maintenance. You need to keep it up-to-date according to the latest trends in digital marketing, and you may ask for support in different forms like software, security, or content updates. You’ll need to merge with new features on a regular basis. A good designer will provide you with all the support you need and will find someone who will help you grow your business if they cannot.
7. There must be evaluation criteria to hire a UI/UX designer. After going through the portfolio, conduct an interview.
Don't expect a UI/UX designers to be big on written content. After all, it is the work that matters. Be sure your designer provides a portfolio and resume in a modern, responsive design. A portfolio will give you the best impression of the capabilities of your candidate.
8. Make sure that your designer understands the goals of your business. A good designer knows how to merge modern design and services. The designer must focus on the business requirements. He should make sure that it fulfills these needs while managing to also look good and attractive.
Interface and experience are two of the most important aspects of a website because it helps user engagement and experience. A good mobile app project takes approximately 60% of the project time in UI and UX design.
Having a UI and UX designer team helps you to carve the visuals and navigation of apps. It evolves user engagement and improves branding. Hiring a UI/UX designer enables you to optimize user interface and experience based on usability analysis. UI designers assist you to make your business stand out from competitors. It will look elegant and eye-catchy. Hire UI designer or a team to design something with your brand integration.
The designer should understand user behavior and design flawless engagement. Hire UX designers and work closely with a team to shape effective user-experience. It evolves the flow of how users navigate within app towards an end goal.
Choose a creative UI/UX designer team who ensures your brand’s strong presence. The one who innovate with it for your business growth. Someone who builds comprehensive app design following industry standards that are loved by users.
Your designer should carve business-centric, trendy and conversion driven design that your end-user love to use. The UI and UX designers establish a smooth and effective communication with your target customers. It results in increased sales and conversion. So, when you’re planning to hire someone, consider the above points.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.