HTML5 Animation: Examples and Code from Simple to Complex
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
But even without the book, you can browse all the examples, with source code, from how to setup a Canvas, to small necessities like 'listening for keyboard events', to basic animation geometry (will take you back to high school), to specific rendering techniques, basic physics, object deformation, complex collisions, etc.
- Basic Animation Concepts
- Trigonometry for Animation
- Rendering Techniques
- Velocity and Acceleration
- Boundaries and Friction
- User Interaction: Moving Objects Around
- Easing and Springing
- Collission Detection
- Coordinate Rotation and Bouncing Off Angles
- Billiard Ball Physics
- Particle Attraction and Gravity
- Forward Kinematics: Making Things Walk
- Inverse Kinematics: Dragging and Reaching
- 3D Basics
- 3D Lines and Fills
- Backface Culling and 3D Lighting
- Matrix Math
- Tips and Tricks
Definitely worth checking out.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.