IDEA and TeamCity Updated, PyCharm Beta Released
The Web Dev Zone is brought to you in partnership with Mendix. Discover how IT departments looking for ways to keep up with demand for business apps has caused a new breed of developers to surface - the Rapid Application Developer.
IntelliJ IDEA 9.0.3
- New UI for merging Subversion branches
- New Password Safe tool for encrypted storing of passwords for VCS, proxy server etc.
- Initial support for HTML 5
- Support for Grails 1.3.x
- Enhanced Flex Debugger
Dependent breakpoints: automatically enable breakpoint A only when breakpoint B is reached
- Added support for Cucumber 0.8.5 and RSpec 2.0 beta.
- Rake runner can now use interpreters installed by means of RVM.
- Fixed several critical bugs to make TeamCity more stable and reliable.
- Plus some important issues were fixed in TeamCity Visual Studio add-in.
PyCharm 1.0 BetaFinally we have the biggest release, which is a first beta of PyCharm. If you are doing serious work on Google App Engine (Python) or with Django, you should definitely look into PyCharm. Here are some of the general features of PyCharm 1.0:
- Coding Assistance
- Coding Analysis
- Code Navigation
- Python Refactoring
- Django and GAE facilities
- Graphical Debugger
- Integrated Unit Testing
- Version Control Integration
During the Beta, JetBrains will be giving away 50% discount coupons for PyCharm 1.0.