Datameer, an end-to-end Big Data analytics platform, is built on Apache Hadoop to perform integration, analysis, and visualization of massive volumes of both structured and unstructured data. It can be rapidly integrated with any data sources such as new and existing data sources to deliver an easy-to-use, cost-effective, and sophisticated solution for Big Data analytics. It simplifies data extraction, data transformation, data loading, and real-time data retrieval. It helps gain actionable insights from complex organizational data through data preparation and analytics. In this blog, let's discuss importing, analyzing, and visualizing large volumes of financial or bank data in Datameer.
Download and install Datameer 6.1.14 from here.
The financial data file such as CSV, Excel, and so on is considered for importing into Datameer before starting data analysis. A workbook is created to associate with the data. A database connection is established to link the data with the database.
Importing Data Into Datameer
In this section, let's discuss importing the data into Datameer.
To upload a file, perform the following steps:
- Open Datameer.
- In the left panel, click FileUploads > Create new > File upload to upload a file into Datameer.
- Click Browse and upload the required file.
- Choose File Type and click Next.
- Enter Data Details and Define Fields in the subsequent tabs.
- Configure the file and Save it.
Adding Data to Workbook
Establishing Database Connection
You can create a connection with any type of databases such as DB2, MySQL, or Oracle. To establish a database connection, add appropriate database drivers to Datameer installation.
Adding Database Connection
To add a database connection, perform the following steps:
- In the left panel, click Connections > Connection.
You will be redirected to the New Connection page.
- Choose the required Type of database.
- Provide Connection Details and Save it. The newly added connection will be displayed under the Connections menu.
Adding JAR File
To add a JAR file, perform the following steps:
- Click View > Admin Tab.
- In the left panel, click Database Drivers > New.
- Provide database driver details to add a new database driver.
- Click Save to save the details. The new database driver will be added and will be listed in the Database Drivers tab.
Fetching Data From Database
To fetch data from the database, perform the following steps:
- In the left panel, click FileUploads > Create New > Import Job.
You will be redirected to the New Import Job tab.
- Choose the Connection by clicking Select Connection.
- Select the required connection and click Next.
- Provide Data Details and click Next.
- Select the required Data Fields as shown in the below diagram:
- Provide Schedule details to schedule the data import and click Next.
- Provide the required location to Save the data.
Analyzing Data in Datameer
In this section, let's discuss analyzing the data in Datameer.
Setting Up Data for Analysis
To set up the data for analysis, Datameer has provided the following four capabilities:
Using the above capabilities, you can locate numbers, trends, or other information needed for analysis. In this section, let's discuss formulas and joining capabilities in Datameer. To set up the data for analysis using formulas, perform the following steps:
- Log into Datameer using your login credentials.
- In the left pane, click Connection > Workbook.
- Open the required workbook. A popup window with Formula Builder tab will be opened as shown below:
Setting Up Data Using Formulas
Formulas – Grouping Records with GROUPBY: This function is used to create groups of records based on the column selected. In the left pane of Formula Builder, select Grouping and choose GROUPBY in the relevant right pane to group the records in a column as shown below. The grouped records will be displayed as shown in the below diagram:
Formulas – Counting Records with GROUPCOUNT: This function is used to count the records in a group. In the left pane of Formula Builder, select Grouping and choose GROUPCOUNT in the relevant right pane to count the records in a group as shown below:
Formulas – Comparing Records with COMPARISON: This function is used to compare records in two different columns. In the left pane of Formula Builder, select Comparison and choose COMPARE in the relevant right pane to compare the records in the selected two columns.
A few comparison data types are as follows:
Setting Up Data Using Data Joins
To join data from two columns, perform the following steps:
Open the saved workbook.
Click Join to start joining data from two different sheets as shown below:
Click Join Type to join data as shown below:
After setting up the data, visualization can be easily created in the form of graphs and charts for performing an analysis. To visualize data, click Add Tab icon and choose Infographic to visualize the data as shown below:
In this blog, we discussed importing data into Datameer, setting up data for analysis, and visualizing data in Datameer.