Infinispan 8.2.0.Final is Out!
The distributed, in-memory key/value store, Infinispan, has just released their latest update, bringing the current stable version up to 8.2. Read on to see what this latest release has in store!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
We are proud to announce the release of Infinispan 8.2.0.Final. Download it here and try it out!
This release is highlighted by performance improvements and multiple fixes, and it introduces some new cool features. We emphasize the following:
- New algorithm for remote reads in distributed mode that reduces the network usage
- From now on, the consistent hash is shared among caches with the same membership - entries in different caches using the same key will be co-located
- A new lambda-enabled Cluster Executor which does not require a clustered cache, but can be constructed directly from a DefaultCacheManager.
- Protostream 3.0.5, Lucene 5.5, Hibernate 5.6.0.Alpha2
- And, many tweaks and improvements overall.
Infinispan Server obviously deserves a list of its own:
- Infinispan Server was gifted with a brand new event logger. Now it is possible to check the last 7 days events like caches starting/stopping, nodes join/leaving, task execution and security audits. In addition, it is based on Wildfly 10.
- Admin Console improvements
- Persistent login session which survives browser refresh
- Deployment / undeployment of user code
- Management of ProtoBuf schemas for indexing
- Management of Scripts for task execution
- Event viewing
- Much improved cache and template configuration
- Cache container configuration
- PatternFly 3.2
We are now preparing the next development cycle and we will introduce new features and improvements. Stay tuned to know what is coming in Infinispan 9.0.
Published at DZone with permission of Manik Surtani, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.