Agile Project Management Methods [Infographic]
If you are new to Agile or just need a quick refresher, take a look at this helpful infographic to get a high-level overview.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
We broadly covered Agile development approaches and methods in our whitepaper. If you don’t know the basics, feel free to check the paper first. Here, we make a short recap of the main methods used in Agile.
- Pulse of the Profession 2017 – http://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/learning/thought-leadership/pulse/pulse-of-the-profession-2017.pdf?sc_lang_temp=en
- Gartner glossary: Project Managment – https://blogs.gartner.com/it-glossary/project-management/
- Managing the Development of Large Software Systems – http://www-scf.usc.edu/~csci201/lectures/Lecture11/royce1970.pdf
- 11th Annual State of Agile Report – https://explore.versionone.com/state-of-agile/versionone-11th-annual-state-of-agile-report-2
- The new product development game – https://hbr.org/1986/01/the-new-new-product-development-game
- Iterative and Incremental Development: A Brief History – https://www.cs.umd.edu/~basili/publications/journals/J90.pdf
- Manifesto for Agile Software Development – http://www.agilemanifesto.org/
- The Scrum Guide – http://www.scrumguides.org/docs/scrumguide/v2016/2016-Scrum-Guide-US.pdf#zoom=100
- Object-oriented Programming, Systems, Languages and Applications – http://www.sigplan.org/Conferences/OOPSLA/
- The State of Scrum Report 2017 – https://www.scrumalliance.org/scrum/media/ScrumAllianceMedia/Files%20and%20PDFs/State%20of%20Scrum/State0fScrum_2016_FINAL.pdf?aliId=261272923
- Toyota Production System – http://www.toyota-global.com/company/vision_philosophy/toyota_production_system/
- Gartner glossary: Bimodal – https://www.gartner.com/it-glossary/bimodal/
- Bimodal IT – http://www1.softwareag.com/corporate/images/SAG_Bimodal_IT_8PG_WP_Aug16-Web_tcm16-143391.pdf
- Poppendieck – http://www.poppendieck.com/
- Lean Software Development: An Agile Toolkit – http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/images/9780321150783/samplepages/0321150783.pdf
- Guidelines for Test-driven Development – https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa730844(v=vs.80).aspx
- Strengthening the Case for Pair-Programming – http://www.cs.utah.edu/~lwilliam/Papers/ieeeSoftware.PDF
- Programming in Pairs: How to Get Started – https://www.ibm.com/devops/method/content/code/practice_pair_programming
- Extreme Programming: A Gentle Introduction – http://www.extremeprogramming.org/index.html
Originally published on AltexSoft Tech Blog "Agile Project Management Methods"
Published at DZone with permission of Yevhen Chubenko. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.