I Spy APIs — June Recap
I Spy APIs — June Recap
Take a look at what has been going on in Integration this month and explore the latest API news and free DZone resources.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
How to Transform Your Business in the Digital Age: Learn how organizations are re-architecting their integration strategy with data-driven app integration for true digital transformation.
What's been happening this month in Integration? I spy APIs! Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) are literally everywhere. Let's look at some articles that have been popular this month in regards to APIs, and let's also look at the latest integration and API news. Not only that, but check out some free (what's better than free?) DZone resources. Let's get to it!
Trending API Articles on DZone
- Can REST APIs Alleviate Headaches From Your Backend Systems? By Patrick Cambell. Read this article in order to learn more about how REST APIs can alleviate headaches from backend systems.
- Create a Simple API Using Django REST Framework in Python by Vinay R. Read this article in order to learn more about how to create a simple API using Django REST framework in Python.
- RESTful Web Services and Bootstrapping With Jersey Implementation by Rajanikanta Pradhana. Read this tutorial in order to learn how to configure the Jersey servlet and bootstrap a project. Also, learn about RESTful web services.
- Using Postman REST Client Cleverly — Some Quick Tips by Sanjay Patel. Read this article in order to learn more about using Postman REST client and how to use environments as well as collections.
- API Gateway as a Node and Moving Beyond Backend and Front-end by Kin Lane. Read on to see if the role of the API gateway is evolving, and take a look at one viewpoint that sees a changing role for it.
APIs Around the Web
"Facebook Defends Against Device-Integrated APIs Policy, but Concerns Remain"
People have been very concerned with whether or not their personal data is being compromised. See what this article has to say about the controversial situation and see what Facebook is saying about their device integrated API policy.
"CitiConnect APIs Support Real-Time E-Commerce Payments"
See how Citi is using APIs to support real-time e-commerce payments. Settling payments in real time has its benefits.
"Twitter Delays Shutdown of Legacy APIs as It Launches a Replacement"
Find out why Twitter is delaying the shutdown of some of their Legacy APIs. Are they losing clients?
Free Integration Resources
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.