Integration Roundup: API Management
Integration Roundup: API Management
Welcome to this edition of the roundup! In this post, we'll check out some of the best posts on DZone about API Management, and more!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
How to Transform Your Business in the Digital Age: Learn how organizations are re-architecting their integration strategy with data-driven app integration for true digital transformation.
Okay, so supervisor and manager kind of mean the same thing; I'll be honest, I just really wanted to use this Archer quote. Anyway... welcome to this month's edition of the Integration Roundup! Last time, we discussed integration projects using the Spring framework for Java. Today, we'll take a look at what the DZone Community is doing with API Managment Systems, and see what API experts have to say on the subject.
And, as a quick side note, if you're interested in writing for DZone, but don't have a topic in mind, come check out our Bounty Board, where you can win prizes for providing great content, and our Writer's Zone which has plenty of prompts, tips, and tricks!
You're Not My API Supervisor!
- APIs to Control Your API Management by Dmitry Sotnikov. In this quick tutorial, you'll learn how to easily use the WSO2 API Cloud to register your API client in order to manage your own APIs.
- An Overview of APIs and API Management by Akkiraju Ivaturi. A developer explains how an API is anything that acts an interface to the outside world or to an external program, and why API management is critical to the effective usage of APIs.
- Best of Breed API Management Platforms by Manuel Xavier. We look at why whichever deployment model is chosen (cloud, ground, or hybrid), the benefits of licensing a best of breed platform will soon become indisputable.
- A Summary of Kong as an API Management Solution by Kin Lane. In this article, an API expert discusses the Kong API management solution and what it holds for integration and API developers.
Understanding WSO2 API Manager Deployment Patterns by Chanaka Fernando. A discussion of the several different ways that developers can manage and deploy WSO2 APIs, and what situation each is best suited for.
- DZone's Guide to Integration: API Design and Management featuring articles by John Vester, Guy Levin, Piotr Minkowski, Kin Lane, Ross Garrett, and Tom Smith. Though the field of Integration has been present for ages, the industry is still ripe for some major changes. Significant developments in tools like Kafka, microservice architectures, and container technologies require the latest knowledge of integrating systems. The 2017 Guide to Integration provides this and more by exploring APIs, design and documentation, tooling, and Integration best practices.
- RESTful API Lifecycle Management by John Vester. In this Refcard, familiarize yourself with the benefits of a managed API lifecycle and walk through specific examples of using RAML to design your API.
Will Salesforce Kiss the Mule or Kick the Mule? by Thomas Jardinet. The DZone Microservices Zone Leader, who also happens to be an integration expert, breaks down the latest news on the Salesforce acquisition of MuleSoft, and what this means for the future of integration. Spoiler alert, he predicts this will cause the integration sector to grow tremendously. Also, I think they should change their name to MuleForce; just sayin'...
Salesforce Acquires Mulesoft: The War for Customer Data Rages On by Ashley Strirrup. In a massive deal, Salesforce has bought Mulesoft for a hefty sum. But what does this mean to the market in general? And, if you're a Talend user, does it affect you?
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.