IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 EAP 162.426.1 Is Out
A fresh EAP build for IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 is out and, being a good EAP build that it is, has something new for you to try...
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
a fresh eap build for intellij idea 2016.2 is out and, being a good eap build that it is, has something new for you to try:
- a new inspection that warns you when you instantiate new objects inside equals , hashcode , compareto or comparator.compare methods. this helps to avoid significant performance problems when, for example, objects of classes with such constructs are added to set or map, where these methods will be frequently invoked.
- coding assistance for regex has been extended with better error reporting and added code completion for named group references.
- the inspection tool window has been redesigned for better ergonomics: now code location for each of the problems is displayed along with controls to either apply a quick-fix or suppress inspection.
- in case a file has been changed after you created a patch, and intellij idea cannot find its original revision (e.g. it lost after rebase , or its format is not supported), intellij idea will now prompt you to apply the changes from patch using a merge -like dialog. also, in the apply patch dialog, before applying a patch you can compare it to your local version using the show diff action. while comparing, you can edit your the local version.
- the git log can now display commit details for several selected commits (this works for git and mercurial ).
more information about what else is there can be found in the release notes .
develop with pleasure!
Published at DZone with permission of Andrey Cheptcov, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.