iOS Scene Graph Library
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
so there’s a new option out there for your 3d engine game needs (you may recall
our ninevehgl post
a little while back rounding up a bunch of other ones):
isgl3d (ios scene graph library) is a 3d framework for the iphone, ipad and ipod touch written in objective-c, enabling the creativity of developers to flourish in a 3d world without the complexities of opengl.
with its rich set of features, isgl3d provides the necessary tools to develop 3d applications in an incredibly short time frame, even with a minimum of experience in 3d graphics…
and very pretty looking, too.
- simple 3d scene construction
- lighting and shading
- camera manipulation
- multiple views with independent viewports
- meshes and built-in primitives
- particle systems
- color, texture and animated texture materials
- support for powervr compressed textures
- optimised performance with opengl es 1.1 and es 2.0
- hardware accelerated matrix calculations
- scene and model importing from powervr pod files
- bridging to bullet physics library
- real-time shadows
- animation by tweening
- skeleton and mesh skinning
- keyframe vertex animation/morphing
- integrated accelerometer support
- touch-screen events and interactive 3d objects
- occlusion transparency
- basic user interface creation
so hey, if you have any actual informed opinion on how this compares to the plentitude of other options, let us know!
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.