Is the Manual or the Third-Party Tool Way Better To Merge PST Files?
Methods to merge PST files in the most efficient and effort-free manner, including some manual methods and most importantly using the PST Merge tool.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Microsoft Outlook is one of the prevalent email client, which is used universally. Microsoft Outlook serves the user-centric features, relaxed to use work in a user-friendly interface, and up to date security improvement. Outlook data files (PST) cover all the mailbox data and its features such as contacts, emails, calendars, etc. Microsoft’s Outlook has enhanced connectivity with other progressive technology. Initially, Outlook users make PST (as an ellipsis for personal storage tables) files to save them from the slow presentation as well as data corruption. Here, we will learn the technique to merge PST files.
In the previous edition of MS Outlook, the users usually face difficulties associated with the PST file size, and sometimes, this issue will lead to ruined performance. But with the advent of the latest edition of Outlook, it becomes quite relaxed to handle large-sized PST files and merge large PST files. But, now the question arises why there is essential to merge PST files. Merging Many PST into one PST will offer some profits to the users. They are:
- In a case of a long procedure, combining multiple PST into a single PST will save time.
- Occasionally, the users want to share the multiple PST file. In that condition, they can simply share the single PST files rather than sending separately.
Why Need Merging PST?
Here we are declaring the situations where merging PSTs will be the best possible solution.
- You may need to merge PSTs when you are merging your old accounts.
- Merging PSTs is the greatest choice when you are creating backups.
- If you are preparing to merge your social, personal, or work-related accounts database, merging is the best way out.
- If you are thinking to switch to some extra package, let’s say Conversation, then merging can be supportive.
There would be specific other causes to do so. But the query arises, there are probabilities that you mess up and be unable to find your mailbox data, and it might damage you in many ways. So, to merge your PST files fast & secure, with their honesty complete.
Currently, moving to the resolution part of your difficulty. Here are the stages to merge PST files into a single PST by using the manual process.
Follow the Stages to Merge PST Files:
- Initially, Open Outlook.
- Click on menu tab>> New Items >> More Items.
- Choose the Outlook data file (PST).
- Make a new Outlook data file & save it in the preferred location. Click “Ok’.
After creating the PST file effectively. The next stage is to export all the mailbox content to the new PST file.
- Click on File>>Open and Export >> Import & Export.
- Now, the dialog box seems Import and export wizard. Select Import from another program or file. Click on the “next” to continue.
- Select the file type.
- Then, browse for the file location and choose the file which you need to import and select don’t import duplicate items.
- Choose the PST file to import and check/uncheck contains subfolder and Select Import item into a similar folder.
- Click on the finish button.
Here the progression gets over within a couple of minutes. Using the manual way sometimes return with some restriction to the user.
In the manual technique, one would not able to combine multiple PST files organized. So, the manual way becomes lengthy & long duration.
Instant Method: Specialized Solution
If you do not desire to go for the manual method owing to its overlong process, you can go for expert third-party recovery software. This faithful software is a faultless solution that merges multiple PST Files into a single file within a few seconds.
If one feels the technique of manual technique lengthy then, it is suggested to use a planned manner known as Shoviv PST Merge Software. This efficient and proficient solution ability to merge your multiple PST Files into a single PST file effortlessly and fast.
Shoviv PST Merge Software:
Merge PST files through PST Merge software is deliberated as one of the greatest solutions. Shoviv PST Merge Tool offers you an easy, swift, and extremely convenient technique to merge PST files. Merge Several PST Files into One with The Help Of Charming PST Merge Software.
- Select Multiple PST Files
- Merge PST Files with Ease
- Merge PST Files with Merge option
- Merge PST Contacts
- Merge PST File with Join Option
- Progress Report Is Shown
- Merge ANSI & UNICODE both PST File
- Supportive To All Windows Versions
- Shoviv PST Merge Software offers an instant elucidation to the users to merge two or more PST files in a hassle-free style.
- It suggests the users select numerous PST files at a time & then combine it in a single PST.
- One can effortlessly merge the lengthy PST files into a single PST.
- It simply supports all the modern and older versions of window OS.
- It merges all data items such as email, calendars, notes, journals without making any alteration.
- This software keeps an accessible & convenient GUI. Even non-technical & novel users can merge multiple PST files in a hassle-free and safe way.
- The Shoviv PST merger has no restrictions. Hence this software allows users to add and merge many files in a single go.
Usage of multiple PST files is always an awkward task for Outlook users. In this article, we’ve learned how to merge Outlook PST files into a single file so that file supervision becomes easy and easy. Since the manual process doesn’t need any 3rd party tool, one should always try it first before expenses the money on any 3rd party tool. Shoviv PST Merge is the most inexpensive tool existing with incredible features: Best Outlook PST Merger. Though, the trial version of this tool is also provided to assess the strength & power of this tool. By using the trial edition, users can merge the first 50 PST files of each folder.
- Hence this do-it-yourself Shoviv PST Merge software creates the process smooth!
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.