ItsNat v0.4: Chrome, FireFox 3, Android v0.9 & iPhone 2.0
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
ItsNat, Natural AJAX, is an open source Java AJAX Component based Web Application Framework. In this release, support for Google Chrome, FireFox v3, Android v0.9 were added and better support of iPhone 2.0 was included.
In ItsNat templates are defined using pure X/HTML or SVG files with no logic. View logic is coded in pure Java using Java W3C DOM APIs promoting reusing and the goodness of Object Oriented Programming.
Improvements in this release:
- Improved security against tampering and hijacking.
- More refactoring, more quality.
- New officially supported browsers: Google Chrome Beta, FireFox v3, Android v0.9 Beta r1 (deprecated m5-rc15), QtWebKit of Qt Embedded 4.4 (tested 4.4.1 Linux)
- Workaround for the iPhone 2.0 bug: change event not fired on select elements with defined "size" or "multiple" attributes. Solution: a change event is fired when a blur event is fired.
- Documents are automatically invalidated when the session is lost (timeout), this affects, for instance, to remote views and comet notifiers (automatically stopped) avoiding "ever alive" documents when a user never closes an ItsNat page (AJAX) or the browser cannot guaranty unload notification when the page is closed (Opera 9, some mobile browsers etc).
- Fixed the lifecycle of remove views: load event not dispatched to listeners. Lifecycle of remove views is now clearly well defined.
- Fixed: the attribute/property "value" of OPTION is set as boolean.
- Fixed: "auto-build components" feature not working in XML documents.
- Fixed: current value of an ItsNatHTMLTextArea component is not shown when the component is used for editing inplace the second time and successive.
- Fixed: editing in place doesn't work on iPhone.
- Fixed: editing in place using a select combo doesn't work on S60WebKit.
- Added registry for global event listeners per servlet, per template and per document
- Improved the security of ItsNatVariableResolver
- Added/changed methods, names etc
See Release Notes for a complete list: Download page and Release Notes.
Priority for the next release: AJAX based file upload component and modal windows/layers. I have a draft of "modal layers" working in ItsNat if you need now this feature (contact with me).
What is the feature or component you are waiting for?
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.