Java collections – Are There Alternatives?
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
the built-in collections for java have good performance and are nice to use – especially with the new for-loop pattern. but are there alternatives? and if so, why should i use them? (please use the comment functionality ) the following collection implementations i found on the web:
- gnu trove (lgpl)
- commons collections aka jakarta collection (apache license)
- google collections (apache license)
- concurrent building blocks (apache license)
- javolution (bsd license)
- glazedlists collections (lgpl or mpl) from the glazedlists project
- ( priorityqueue from lucene project or also from commons collections )
- fastutil (lgpl)
there are also some older projects, which seem to be abandoned:
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.