With JavaOne around the corner, at least some of you are probably planning out your session schedules next week or the week after. To help you navigate the sessions you might want to attend, I thought I'd write a brief entry highlighting some of the key Java EE/GlassFish related content this year. This is obviously a pretty important JavaOne with the Java EE 7/GlassFish 4 releases, so there's a lot of it.
Below are the sessions I think you should seriously consider broken out by day (to add a session to your schedule, click on the session ID link and use the Schedule Builder widget on the top right hand side):
- UGF9871: GlassFish Community: The Foundation for Opportunity - if you are around on Sunday, don't miss this one. It's packed full of great content - the GlassFish roadmap, an Orale executive panel, Java EE/GlassFish customer stories. More details on GF.org.
- CON5919: Easier Messaging with JMS 2.0 - Learn about JMS 2 from the specification lead Nigel Deakin himself.
- CON3733: JSR 341: Expression Language 3.0 - Learn about EL 3 from the specification lead himself.
- CON6617: Java EE 7: What’s New in the Java EE Platform - A great overview of EE 7 from none other than the specification leads Bill and Linda.
- CON3436: Inside the Java WebSocket API - Learn about the key WebSocket API from the specification lead himself.
- CON3294: JSF 2.2 New Features in Context - A relevant and insightful overview of JSF 2.2 from the specification lead Ed Burns himself.
- HOL2147: Java EE 7 Hands-on Lab - Get a first hand taste of developing with Java EE 7 yourself. Materials available on GF.org.
- BOF2795: Meet the Java EE Specification Leads - Meet the Java EE specification leads yourself and give them your feedback on Java EE 7 and beyond.
- BOF5972: What’s Next for JMS? - Get involved in the future of JMS.
- BOF7796: GlassFish Community BOF - Meet the folks responsible for developing GlassFish and give them your feedback.
- CON3319: GlassFish 4 Overview: What’s Under the Hood? - Insight into the innovations in GlassFish 4 beyond Java EE 7 itself.
- CON7731: JSR 353: JSON Processing API in Action - Learn about the foundational JSON-P API from the specification lead himself.
- CON5356: Finally, JAX-RS 2.0 Is Final: A New Standard in RESTful Web Services Development - Learn about the changes in JAX-RS 2 from the specification lead Santiago himself.
- CON3868: Android and iOS Development with Java EE 7 - A code driven look at using Java EE 7 with Android and iOS native applications.
- CON3598: From the Spring Framework to Java EE 7 - More insight into moving to Java EE from Spring.
- CON2406: Java EE 8 and Beyond - An important look into the future of Java EE.
- CON11031: Building Oracle NoSQL Database Applications with EclipseLink - A look into marrying NoSQL and Java EE.
- CON7948: JSR 236: Introduction to Concurrency Utilities for Java EE 1.0 - Learn about the much awaited Java EE Concurrency Utilities from the specification lead himself.
This of course is just the tip of the iceberg. For even more sessions, checkout the Java EE Focus On page on the JavaOne site. We'll of course have a Java EE/GlassFish presence at the demo grounds as well.
Happy JavaOne and hope to see you around!