JMX usage from a remote machine can be frustrating. Therefore, please make sure that:
- Your hostname is included in the /etc/hosts
- Get host name using hostname
- Add the host name after 127.0.0.1 in /etc/hosts
- JMX is binded to the external IP:
- Verify 127.0.0.1 is not presented at: netstat -na | grep 1099
- If it does presented, add to your java command: -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1099 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=
- General CPU and memory graphs.
- Sampler that enables you taking snapshots.
- Snapshot analysis that enables you a hotspot presentation as well as deep.