Java Survey Results, Part II - Web Frameworks
David Kiss' second survey review which looks at Java Web Frameworks.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
this is the second post on the results of the java survey i ran recently. if you haven’t seen the first one, you’ll find it here .
this time we’ll be covering web frameworks, and we’ll be covering a lot!
only a few languages offers this wide selection of web-frameworks as java and above chart is a proof of that. here’s a list of web frameworks other developers are using:
- spring mvc / spring boot – spring helps development teams everywhere build simple, portable, fast and flexible jvm-based systems and applications
- vert.x – a tool-kit for building reactive applications on the jvm
- jsf – the official java ee web framework
- play framework – it makes it easy to build scalable, fast and real-time web applications with java & scala
- grails – java-version of ruby on rails built on top of spring and hibernate written in groovy
- spark – a tiny sinatra inspired framework for creating web applications in java 8 with minimal effort
- apache struts – an mvc framework for creating elegant, modern java web applications
- dropwizard – a framework for developing ops-friendly, high-performance, restful web services
- vaadin – a server-side framework for building single page web applications
- jhipster – an application generator that generates spring boot + angularjs projects
- wicket – web application framework that takes simplicity, separation of concerns and ease of development to a whole new level
- jax-rs – a framework inside the jdk used for creating restful web services
- stripes – makes working with servlets and jsps easy
- sling – a web framework that uses a java content repository and is powered by osgit
- xslt – a language for transforming an xml document into another xml documents
- ratpack – set of java libraries for building modern http applications
- ninja framework – full stack web framework that works well with gae
- compojure – a small routing library for ring , a clojure -based web application framework
- zk – an open-source java framework for building enterprise web and mobile apps
- symphony 2 – high performance php framework for web development
- java enterprise edition – is the standard in community-driven enterprise software
i’d love to hear your experience with these frameworks. leave a comment below.
Published at DZone with permission of David Kiss, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.