Including SWT Desktop Feature and Providing Pipe APIs for Comet Connection
We are very pleased to announce that Java2Script 2.0.0 release is available now. Please visit http://j2s.sourceforge.net/ for updates.
Comparing to previous 1.0.0 version, 2.0.0 has the following major features:
- Provide a new "SWT Desktop" for better window management with tray area, task bar and shortcut dashboard.
- Provide Simple and Compound Pipe APIs to setup Comet connection back to server.
- Supports Eclipse 3.4.* besides Eclipse 3.3.*.
- Add Google Chrome Supports.
Besides the above new features, we have fixed lots of bugs in Java2Script compiler, Java core library and SWT library. Java2Script 2.0.0 is much more stable and it is ready for product.
In Java2Script's primary showcase web IM services ( http://webuzz.im/ ), Compound Pipe technology is used to provide multiple IM sessions using only one connection, and Java2Script's new SWT Desktop provides familiar desktop user experience for users. And we add another Java2Script demo: an SWT Tetris game ( http://demo.java2script.org/tetris/ ). For more Java2Script showcases, please visit http://demo.java2script.org/ .
For comments and discussions, please visit http://groups.google.com/group/java2script/ or http://java2script.org/blog/.
More About Java2Script
Appendix (Java2Script's Full Feature List)
features, including generic, enums, static imports, enhanced loops
4. Support incremental building for Java projects
6. Support most classes in java.lang.*, java.utils.* and others packages
8. Support creating Java2Script projects by wizard, including Servlet project
9. Support Eclipse 3.3.* and 3.4.*
10. Support IE6.0/7.0, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera
2. Desktop and window manager are built inside
3. Support UI blocking fow SWT’s Shell and Dialog
4. Support SWT deffered layout
5. Support detecting font size change in Firefox
2. Simple RPC API is introduced to call back Java server, which supports Cross Site Scripting
3. Simple and Compound Pipe API is introduced to setup Comet connection to server.
5. Support Java reflection (early implementation)
1. Support JUnit tests both Test Case and Test Suite in text mode.
1. Web IM services in Java2Script ( http://demo.java2script.org/ )
2. SWT Tetris Game ( http://demo.java2script.org/tetris/ )
3. SWT Control Examples ( http://demo.java2script.org/controls/ )