JavaFX 1.1 NetBeans Plugin on Linux
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The following tip is based on Weiqi Gao's original post on JavaFX 1.0 On Linux: NetBeans Plugin. The method outlined in that post does not work with JavaFX 1.1. First you will need to install JDK 1.6 update 12 and NetBeans 6.5.
- Download all nbm files from here, except the org-netbeans-modules-javafx-sdk-win.nbm file.
- Extract the org-netbeans-modules-javafx-sdk-mac.nbm file. (An nbm file is in a zip format)
- Go to the extracted directory, and do the following steps:
- Replace the info/info.xml with my new one.
- Delete all files in the META-INF directory.
- Replace the netbeans/config/Modules/org-netbeans-modules-javafx-sdk-mac.xml file with
- Replace the netbeans/modules/org-netbeans-modules-javafx-sdk-mac.jar
file with org-netbeans-modules-javafx-sdk-linux.jar
- Create a new zip file from the extracted directory, rename it to org-netbeans-modules-javafx-sdk-lin.nbm and replace the org-netbeans-modules-javafx-sdk-mac.nbm file with this new one.
- Open NetBeans and install all the nbm files (ignore the nbm file signature warning).
- Restart NetBeans and enjoy JavaFX on Linux, you can even debug JavaFX on Linux.
The new files can be downloaded here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.