JavaFX 1.1 NetBeans Plugin on Linux
The following tip is based on Weiqi Gao's original post on JavaFX 1.0 On Linux: NetBeans Plugin. The method outlined in that post does not work with JavaFX 1.1. First you will need to install JDK 1.6 update 12 and NetBeans 6.5.
- Download all nbm files from here, except the org-netbeans-modules-javafx-sdk-win.nbm file.
- Extract the org-netbeans-modules-javafx-sdk-mac.nbm file. (An nbm file is in a zip format)
- Go to the extracted directory, and do the following steps:
- Replace the info/info.xml with my new one.
- Delete all files in the META-INF directory.
- Replace the netbeans/config/Modules/org-netbeans-modules-javafx-sdk-mac.xml file with
- Replace the netbeans/modules/org-netbeans-modules-javafx-sdk-mac.jar
file with org-netbeans-modules-javafx-sdk-linux.jar
- Create a new zip file from the extracted directory, rename it to org-netbeans-modules-javafx-sdk-lin.nbm and replace the org-netbeans-modules-javafx-sdk-mac.nbm file with this new one.
- Open NetBeans and install all the nbm files (ignore the nbm file signature warning).
- Restart NetBeans and enjoy JavaFX on Linux, you can even debug JavaFX on Linux.
The new files can be downloaded here.