- Good sessions, no marketing so far.
- JavaOne Keynote was surprising (with a "bit" of Intel marketing): Glassfish and NetBeans (Roadmaps) were presented by Oracle guys (not former Sun employees). Actually both were covered more intensively, than last year :-)
- Java ME and not Java FX Mobile will become the strategic mobile platform
- Java FX Script becomes deprecated and Java libraries will be exposed instead - and could be used by Groovy, Scala, Jython, JSR-223 ...and probably by Java FX Script again :-)
- StarWars Old Republic is using GlassFish for authentication
- There are committed features and roadmaps for NetBeans, Glassfish and OpenJDK
- ...and lots of information overflow - as usual :-)
JavaOne Day 0-1: GlassFish, NetBeans, Java FX: Short Summary
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Microservices! They are everywhere, or at least, the term is. When should you use a microservice architecture? What factors should be considered when making that decision? Do the benefits outweigh the costs? Why is everyone so excited about them, anyway? Brought to you in partnership with IBM.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.