Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Container Monitoring and Management eBook: Read about the new realities of containerization.
The World After Web Apps
- Drones – The Parrot AR drone quadcopters are recreational, but they point the way to the future. You can operate it with an app on your Android or iOS phone using Wi-Fi, and you can go further with Node.js. GitHub houses code repositories for controlling the camera or setting off a series of commands.
This is ideal when handling multiple IoT devices that are sending back their responses independently, or when activating multiple systems based on a single response.
Other Popular Language Options
- Drones – Consumer drones are getting more sophisticated, and Arduino is one of the easiest ways to control them. It is not a language so much as a series of commands for hardware, but that is sufficient for blinking lights and simple commands that people want drones to carry out.
- Healthcare applications – SQL is the traditional choice for data management in health care, especially those still reliant on relational databases. On the interactive web side of this equation, coding skills with Java and ASP.NET remain in demand.
- Finance and statistics applications – As mentioned above, R has become the darling of scientific statistical researchers and ambitious finance coders. The high stakes competitive financial world is a good place for R to show off its most powerful features. The newness of the language means that it is hard to tell whether interest will drop as fast as it rose.
- Self-driving cars – Sebastian Thrun, who led the launch of Google’s self-driving car project, is promoting an online course on “Programming a Robotic Car,” which contains lessons on Python and C++ language components among related technologies. As many have pointed out, the field of AI is expanding so quickly that languages are not as important as underlying concepts like probabilistic inference, visual systems, robotics tracking, and localization.
Published at DZone with permission of Omed Habib , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.