Jazz Desktop Application Framework 1.6.1 released
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Java Swing framework for developing rich client applications
Jazz provides an infrastructure for writing (large-scale) applications and enforces
clean separation of presentation and business logic.
The HMVC-based architecture lets you build complex applications that are easily modularized and tested.
• Easy to learn, simple to use, all code is written in Java
• Swing knowledge is preferred but not necessary
• Works with existing POJO's, no need to extend/implement Jazz specific classes/interfaces
• Works with existing layoutmanager, look and feel (built-in support for Mac OSX)
• No xml configuration, consistent API, typesafe generic components and Enum constants
• Say goodbye to JFrame, JDialog, Swing models (TableModel/etc), listeners (ActionListener/etc),
the framework takes care of that for you
• All the components you need for the GUI including DateChooser, TreeTable, auto-completion and more
• One programming language (Java) to develop applications for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
• Single jar (±500kb) with no third party dependencies!
• Hierarchical Model-View-Controller
• Asynchronous Multi-Threading
• Event-Driven Architecture
• Data Binding
For more information see the website
Developed by: CodeRight
Application framework Desktop (word processor)
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.