JBoss AS 6 Release Rings in a Happy New Year!
- JBoss Embedded AS
- EE6 Multi-namespace injection
- HornetQ integration
- VFS 3 integration
- Single POM Dependency for all the AS runtime
- JBoss OSGi integration
- Servlet 3.0
- JPA 2.0
- RESTEasy 2.0
- Microcontainer 2.2
- Management consoles deployed on demand
- EJB 3.1 - Singleton, War support, Async, Advanced Timers, Embedded, JNDI, EE injection
- New Apache CXF-based JBossWS stack
- XA Recovery
- SwitchBoard integration
- EE 6 Web Profile certification
- Weld 1.1
- Added compatibility with the most updated JBoss technologies
That's a whole bunch of stuff! What better way to kick off 2011 than with an update to your application servers?
The next big step for JBoss should be the completion of the Seam 3.0 Framework, which will bring together an even larger stack of JBoss tooling. With the release of Java 7 coming next year, you can expect efforts on JBoss AS 7 to start ramping up as well.