Early this year we announced the exciting example project for JBoss BPM Suite that centers around a working online Travel Agency project. This initially leveraged web services, that we later migrated to microservices with the help of JBoss Fuse. And now the more exiting part, upgrading to JBoss Fuse 6.2, we wanted to revisit the project and make sure you had the latest greatest products at your disposal.
With a bit of work, some spit and polish, we think you will enjoy the all new JBoss BPM Suite & JBoss Fuse Travel Agency Integration Demo up to date and feel that you have a great example of their microservices integration capabilities.
|Travel booking process.|
This project provides an automated installation (repeatable) in minutes where you get JBoss BPM Suite running on an instance of JBoss EAP and a separate instance of JBoss Fuse with an automated install of 6 microservices each distributed container!
This demo is brought to you in part by Eric Schabell, who is the JBoss Technology Evangelist focusing on JBoss BPM Suite. If you have a use case you would like to see then just let us know by raising an issue on the project.
|Watch the microservice do it's work!|
The project can be found on github and has documentation to get you up and running in minutes.
Upon starting the server you will find a JBoss BPM Suite setup with the Travel Agency project ready for you to inspect, build and deploy for use by the JBoss Fuse microservices you will be deploying in their own containers.
The JBoss Fuse component of this demo consists of pre-configured microservice containers which we will then have you start once JBoss Fuse has started. Once they are up and running each instance of booking a flight will leverage the microservices which you can view in the JBoss Fuse console.
In this version of traveling agency, we have updated a few things in our camel route,
- Replace OpenJPA with Hibernate
- Using RestDSL new in JBoss Fuse
Installing and Running
The following steps will get you up and running in a matter of minutes with this fully automated and repeatable demo:
6 microservices in 6 containers!
- Add products to installs directory.
- Run 'init.sh' or 'init.bat' file. 'init.bat' must be run with Administrative privileges.
- Start the JBoss BPM Suite server, login, build and deploy JBoss BPM Suite process project at http://localhost:8080/business-central (u:erics/p:bpmsuite1!).
- Add fabric server passwords for Maven Plugin to your ~/.m2/settings.xml file the fabric server's user and password so that the maven plugin can login to the fabric.
<!-- Server login to upload to fabric. --> <servers> <server> <id>fabric8.upload.repo</id> <username>admin</username> <password>admin</password> </server> </servers>
- Start Fuse Server, by running 'fuse' or 'fuse.bat':
- Login to Fuse management console at: http://localhost:8181 (u:admin/p:admin).
Looking to Automate your business?
- Check if web services are available under Services -> APIs tab.
- Enjoy the demo!