JetBrains Releases TeamCity 5.0
TeamCity offers easy setup and delivers out-of-the-box continuous unit testing, sophisticated code quality analysis, and early reporting on build problems. It has a gentle learning curve, so you can quickly improve your release management practices by gradually adopting its advanced features and capabilities.
TeamCity 5.0 brings a huge potential improvement in scalability by reinforcing its distributed build grid with Amazon EC2 cloud integration. Features such as build configuration templates, project archiving, and backup&restore eliminate unnecessary redundancy and hassle in configuring large build infrastructures. To make TeamCity feel at home everywhere and benefit developer productivity, we've added issue tracker integration, better support for Maven, Command line tool for personal builds, and many other features.
Most noteworthy features include:
- Support for Amazon EC2: Take advantage of cloud computing with TeamCity by putting build agents on Amazon EC2 cloud with on-demand image starting and on-idle stopping.
- Issue tracker integration with JetBrains YouTrack, JIRA and Bugzilla - out of the box, plus an API for the integration plugins for other systems.
- Maven support improvements, including simplified build configuration creation from POM file, and build triggering on Maven artifacts change.
- Build configuration templates for eliminating redundancy in build configurations settings.
- Project archiving for putting no-longer-active projects out of sight.
- Command line tool for running Personal builds on server without IDE integration.
- Backup & Restore were added to simplify TeamCity maintenance. Also, migration tool was re-implemented.
- Now you can view the status of a change across all build configurations on a single page.
- Failure responsibility feature has been advanced to cover not only builds, but also individual test failures.
- Various actions performed by TeamCity users are now stored in the Audit log, which can be browsed from the web UI.
- Code coverage analysis has been significantly improved for both Java (based on IntelliJ IDEA coverage engine) and .NET (support for NCover and PartCover).
- And many more
New and improved integrations:
- Git & Mercurial support are now bundled with TeamCity.
- Remote Run now works for Git from IntelliJ IDEA & Eclipse.
- New support for Cucumber, Shoulda, Test-Spec in Rake runner.
- TeamCity IntelliJ IDEA plugin now works with IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition and RubyMine 2.0.
To get a full overview of the new features and improvements of this release, please take a look at our What's New page.
As always, TeamCity 5.0 Professional is available for FREE for all small- and middle-sized development teams and can be downloaded at http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/download.
TeamCity 5.0 Enterprise is available for a 60-day free trial download at http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/download.
New customers can purchase TeamCity 5.0 online at http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/buy/.
Existing customers can upgrade to version 5.0 after purchasing a 1-year subscription for software updates at http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/buy/.
TeamCity licenses bought after October 1, 2009, receive a 1-year subscription for software updates for free, and therefore will be eligible for TeamCity version 5.0. If you have such licenses, you will soon receive an e-mail with the new keys and certificates.
The JetBrains TeamCity Team