JetBrains TeamCity 4.5 Released
Today JetBrains announces the public availability of TeamCity 4.5, its distributed build management and continuous integration tool.
With TeamCity, you can set up a build server for your projects within minutes and enjoy out of the box continuous unit testing, code quality analysis, and early reporting on build problems. TeamCity offers a gentle learning curve, so you can quickly improve your release management practices by gradually adopting its advanced features and capabilities.
This release brings many usability improvements, updated IDE plugins with some new VCSs supported, plus exciting enterprise-level features, not found in previous versions:
- User Groups are now supported when defining user roles and notifications
- Extended LDAP support with automatic user profile synchronization
- Multiple UI improvements, including tests grouping and project-wide test details, problematic tests, and change log
- You can now assign responsibility for broken builds
- In addition to traditional test results handling, TeamCity is now able to parse raw XML reports from ANT's JUnit tasks, NUnit, Surefire, PMD, and FindBugs
- Mono framework is now automatically detected and can be used as a .NET platform for continuous builds
- Improved IDE integrations:
- Eclipse: CVS is now supported for Remote Run and Pre-tested Commit; added support for Perforce plugin version 2008.2
- Visual Studio: Remote Run and Pre-tested Commit now work with Perforce
TeamCity 4.5 Professional is available for FREE for all small- and middle-sized development teams and could be downloaded at http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/download/.
TeamCity 4.5 Enterprise is available for a 60-day free trial download at http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/download/
TeamCity 4.5 is available under commercial and personal licensing. New customers can purchase TeamCity 4.5 online at http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/buy/, while owners of previous versions are eligible to upgrade for free.