JFrog is pleased to announce the availability of Artifactory 2.4!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
This has been an incredible year for JFrog and Artifactory that is wrapped-up with winning the DUKE at JavaOne and this new release.
What's New in this Release:
This major release of Artifactory introduces the following new features and changes:
- YUM Repositories and RPM Provisioning - Artifactory can now act as a fully-featured YUM repository, including auto-updating repo metadata and RPM detailed view directly from the Artifactory UI.
- P2 Repositories - Artifactory can be your single access point for all Eclipse® updates. Eclipse plugins proxying and hosting take advantage of Artifactory's exiting advanced caching and security controls.
- Major Performance Improvements - in storage management, CPU and memory utilization and search speeds
- Security is Fully Manageable via REST API
- User Regexp Tokens in Repository Layouts - You can now add your own custom regexp-based tokens to repository layout definitions for better module identification.
- New additions to the Artifactory Public API for User Plugins (move, copy, search, not downloaded since, etc.)
- Usability improvements and many bug fixes
Read more about Artifactory 2.4 release at JFrog's wiki - release announcement
Enjoy Your Build, Enjoy Artifactory!
Release (agency) Repository (version control) security API Cache (computing) Memory (storage engine) Advantage (cryptography) Eclipse Metadata Web Protocols
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.