This has been an incredible year for JFrog and Artifactory that is wrapped-up with winning the DUKE at JavaOne and this new release.
What's New in this Release:
This major release of Artifactory introduces the following new features and changes:
- YUM Repositories and RPM Provisioning - Artifactory can now act as a fully-featured YUM repository, including auto-updating repo metadata and RPM detailed view directly from the Artifactory UI.
- P2 Repositories - Artifactory can be your single access point for all Eclipse® updates. Eclipse plugins proxying and hosting take advantage of Artifactory's exiting advanced caching and security controls.
- Major Performance Improvements - in storage management, CPU and memory utilization and search speeds
- Security is Fully Manageable via REST API
- User Regexp Tokens in Repository Layouts - You can now add your own custom regexp-based tokens to repository layout definitions for better module identification.
- New additions to the Artifactory Public API for User Plugins (move, copy, search, not downloaded since, etc.)
- Usability improvements and many bug fixes
Read more about Artifactory 2.4 release at JFrog's wiki - release announcement
Enjoy Your Build, Enjoy Artifactory!