JHawk Java Metrics Tool - JHawk5 released
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
but we don’t rest on our laurels – jhawk 5 (our latest release) takes another leap forward. amongst the new features in our professional version are –
- a complete interface overhaul that makes jhawk even easier to use
- stand alone, eclipse plugin and command line versions
- a configurable dashboard feature that provides an instantaneous overview of your code both within the application and in the exported html files
- the ability to define your own metrics. these are written in java and can use data from jhawk itself and external sources e.g. bug databases, source control repositories – if you can access it java you can use it as a metric.
- a jhawk metric interchange format that allows you to record a snapshot of a code base and keep it for future use either in jhawk itself or in our new dataviewer product
- jhawk data viewer – a standalone product that allows graphical and textual comparison of metrics over time. the jhawk data viewer uses data exported using the jhawk metric interchange format. the jhawk data viewer also provides a facility to export data to the google visualization api. by combining this with data exported using the jhawk metric interchange format data viewer can distil massive amounts of data down to a single google visualization. for example our online sample (http://www.virtualmachinery.com/visualizations/eclipseanalysis.html ) (also available as part of the trial version download) shows the evolution of a number of key metrics over 7 different releases of the eclipse source code from version 1.0 to version 3.3.
screenshot from eclipse plugin
reflecting our wide range of users we offer a number of different license options –personal, professional, site and corporate). our pricing and upgrade policy is transparent and cost effective – even our corporate license cost less than one days fees for a high level consultant. we also offer an academic license program for research facilities. you can find out more about jhawk5 here . for full details of our licensing and pricing see here . you can download our trial version here . the trial version includes much of the documentation that accompanies the full release.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.