Join the Low-Code Revolution
Join the Low-Code Revolution
Low-code tech puts employees outside of the IT department able to create software solutions without extensive programming knowledge.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Whatever new awaits you, begin it here. In an entirely reimagined Jira.
Join the Low-Code Revolution
Quick Base can help you join in the low-code revolution that's sweeping the world of app development. The low-code movement has allowed companies everywhere to streamline their processes and give their employees the chance to put their creativity to work in innovative ways. Thanks to low-code solutions, team members with a basic working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases can build an app to improve workflow efficiency.
Low-code software puts solutions at the fingertips of every employee in any department. By giving staff the ability to address the needs of their department directly, IT staff are free to solve more complex problems and departments can manage their work as effectively as possible. Since many IT departments are struggling with a developer shortage, low-code software is a valuable solution both now and into the future. It can take years to teach someone how to code, but low-code solutions save money, time, and effort while delivering custom results that can streamline workflows.
What Are Low-Code Application Platforms?
Low-code platforms allow the user to learn how to build an app quickly and easily by way of simple and intuitive functionality. "Low-code application development" is a relatively new term, but the concept has been in existence for some time. Businesses have long imagined a workplace full of line-of-business developers who can take the opportunity to optimize a process when they see inefficiency by creating their own apps. Thanks to low-code application development, quick solutions can be yours when you use Quick Base's app development software.
Low-code software can be used to create apps with common features, which saves IT staff the time and effort needed to code an entire app manually. The software has existing templates, pre-built forms, elements, and objects so a team can quickly build a working app with little hassle. Quick Base has created a product that is simple to use for those with limited technical skills but has enough power and customization options to satisfy even those with professional coding expertise. Our software strikes the perfect balance of keeping things simple while appealing to users with varying levels of app development skill. In this way, Quick Base delivers a means for fast and creative solutions to problems that arise at any time.
Why Choose Low-Code Application Development?
Using low-code application platforms allows companies to focus on innovation and gives them the ability to rapidly meet changing needs for their customers and staff. Most IT teams see this technology as a huge asset to their jobs and the companies they work for. They believe that rapid application development can save a substantial amount of time in the development cycle, increase innovation throughout an organization, and make it more adaptable to change.
Choosing low-code applications means that you can maximize your teamwork potential. In a survey of IT leaders, 76% believed that improving the speed of application development and delivery was a key aspect of their IT department's success. They also feel that low-code is going to have a significant impact on their relationships with businesses, and they expect that they'll be imperative to keeping up with a shift in company goals to become more focused on meeting customer expectations and needs as quickly as possible. Many IT leaders have looked into low-code solutions and evaluated how they may be of use in their organization. Now's the time to get ahead of the curve and see how low-code can help you speed up the app development and problem-solving process. The low-code revolution is paving the way to a future of innovation and solution-focused app creation. Why not join in and see how low-code can help you?
Impact of the Low-Code Revolution
The low-code revolution has affected businesses in five significant ways. After considering these impacts, it will be clear why including low-code application development can be a major benefit for your operations.
- Business processes and the IT department can merge for a more effective and streamlined workflow. Allowing more employees to get involved in the technical process has allowed companies to lower costs and deliver useful apps more quickly. Applications that can be implemented or modified more quickly have allowed businesses to evolve with changing needs without a process that was once very time-consuming and expensive. Low-code apps maximize efficiency and create a constant stream of development.
- Using low-code applications has allowed all employees to use their strengths to reach a greater potential. Who knows better about workflow issues, day-to-day business activities, and organizational challenges than the employees who personally deal with these matters? By using low-code apps, they've been able to tackle problems head-on and develop the strategies they need to solve problems and succeed. By putting the tools into the hands of each employee, businesses that use low-code apps have been able to develop the exact solutions they need and create a system of continuous app innovation.
- One of the biggest impacts that the low-code movement has had is on the speed of application development. When IT is in sole charge of all app development, there can be a lot of back-and-forth or even miscommunications during the development process. Empowering employees to create apps has allowed them to have the tools they need more quickly and freed up IT department staff to focus on tasks like security, governance, and being strategy advisers.
- This time-saving technology has made for happier IT departments. With so many requests for new apps and processes constantly flooding in, IT departments can easily be buried under a cumbersome backlog of projects to tackle. When some of the app design work is delegated to others, the load is lightened and IT can better focus their time and attention on projects that will move the business forward.
- Low-code applications have resulted in greater client satisfaction. A successful application can lead to better service and product deliveries, result in faster customer response times, and help businesses to keep up with changing trends and client needs. You can even use low-code software to create customer-facing apps, an exciting way to engage with your clients.
The Benefits of Low-Code Platforms
So many people of all ages have been able to benefit from using low-code software, including millennials, Gen Xers, and baby boomers alike. Surveys about how this software has benefited businesses found that across all age groups, around half of users began building their own apps right away, though users in the Gen X group leaned more toward customizing existing apps. In either case, users found that this technology benefited them in many ways. Many felt that building and using an app allowed them to receive more recognition of their value to the company. Others were able to use their app-building skills to take on a new role, and a few more were even able to use this skill to earn a promotion. By building their own app, users were able to showcase their ability to lead and their willingness to solve problems. The most popular needs that low-code platforms addressed were:
- Enforcement of standard processes
- Automation of manual processes
- Sharing information internally
More than half of those surveyed reported that their business team was able to build apps independently, and less than half had to rely on help from consultants or their IT department.
Start Reaping the Benefits of Low-Code Solutions
The need for low-code application software is increasing as businesses become faster-paced and face greater challenges. The number of people using low-code software to solve problems is projected to increase in the next 12 months, which means now is the time to look into low-code software for your business.
Quick Base's offerings can help you get ahead of the game. We are experts in the field and offer a platform that will allow your employees to create apps without coding, even while they're on the go. You'll be able to control not only the functions of your app, but also the look and feel of the application. Place the control of forms, tables, dashboards, and reports directly in the hands of the user to optimize your workflow.
Once a solution is built, it's easy to make changes. As new possibilities and challenges arrive, your apps can be updated on the fly in response. Thanks to Quick Base, apps can be more customizable, user-friendly, and mobile than ever before. Our platform's simple design and features can be picked up quickly and easily by team members with excel or database experience. Why not let problems be solved by those who work closest to them? Our technology can turn your ideas into action.
As a leader in the low-code revolution, we invite you to join us and let your business put the power of innovative app design to work. Find out how Quick Base can help your business to thrive and explore the possibilities of low-code application development.
Published at DZone with permission of Jessica Hawley , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.