JPPF 1.6: Java-Based Open Source Grid Computing Platform
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
In this version:
- Tasks can now be defined from plain old Java objects
- A new JPPF Quick Start Guide is now availabe online and offline.
- A new management feature enables resetting a node's task counter
- Improvements to the remote JMX connectivity facilitate the JPPF administration through firewalls
- Bugs were fixed in the peer-to-peer communication between servers
About JPPF: JPPF is an open source Grid Computing platform written in Java that makes it easy to run applications in parallel, and speed up their execution by orders of magnitude. Write once, deploy once, execute everywhere!
JPPF has many outstanding features:
- a JPPF grid can be up and running in minutes
- highly scalable, distributed framework for the execution of Java tasks
- leverages JCA 1.6 to integrate with leading J2EE application servers
- easy programming model that abstracts the complexity of distributed and parallel processing
- graphical and programmatic tools for fine-grained monitoring and administration
- fault-tolerance and self-repair capabilities ensure the highest level of service and reliability
- a set of fully documented sample applications, demonstrating the use of JPPF on real-life problems
- very flexible open-source licensing
- and more ....
More information is available on the JPPF.org web site.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.