Numerous bugs have been fixed in this maintenance version, increasing the stability and reliability of the platform components.
Improvements and fixes have been brought to the management, client and server components, as well as to the J2EE and GigaSpaces connectors.
A few new features were implemented, including the integration with the latest release of GigaSPaces XAP, the ability to run the server as a service and the ability to open more than one server connection with auto discovery.
You will find the detailed list of fixes and enhancements on our news page.
We also want to take this opportunity to announce the upcoming version 2.0 of the platform, planned for the end of this summer. Read more in the JPPF 2.0 announcement
JPPF is an open source Grid Computing platform written in Java that makes it easy to run applications in parallel, and speed up their execution by orders of magnitude. Write once, deploy once, execute everywhere!
JPPF outstanding features:
- a JPPF grid can be up and running in minutes
- highly scalable, distributed framework for the execution of Java and non-Java tasks
- connectors with leading J2EE application servers
- connector with GigaSpaces eXtreme Application Platform
- easy programming model that abstracts the complexity of distributed and parallel processing
- graphical and programmatic tools for fine-grained monitoring and administration
- fault-tolerance and self-repair capabilities ensure the highest level of service and reliability
- a set of fully documented sample applications, demonstrating the use of JPPF on real-life problems
- flexible and business-friendly open-source licensing with Apache 2.0
Try it for yourself on the JPPF web site.