Java Parallel Processing Framework 1.4
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
In this version:
- Nodes can now be restarted or shutdown remotely from the administration console or by API.
- Tasks can be executed locally by the client, with automatic load-balancing between local and remote execution.
- JPPF nows take full advantage of multi-core multi-CPU hardware
- the exact same code can be executed purely locally, in a pure distributed way, or in a mix of both
- the overhead of distributed execution disappears for computationally small tasks
- The nodes security policy can be downloaded from the server for an even easier deployment
- The nodes collect the CPU time used by the tasks
JPPF is an open source Grid Computing platform written in Java that makes it easy to run applications in parallel, and speed up their execution by orders of magnitude.
JPPF has many features:
- a JPPF grid can be up and running in minutes
- highly scalable, distributed framework for the execution of Java tasks
- leverages JCA 1.5 to integrate with leading J2EE application servers
- easy programming model that abstracts the complexity of distributed and parallel processing
- graphical and programmatic tools for fine-grained monitoring and administration
- fault-tolerance and self-repair capabilities ensure the highest level of service and reliability
- a set of fully documented sample applications, demonstrating the use of JPPF on real-life problems
- very flexible open-source licensing
- and more ...
Try it for yourself on the JPPF.org web site.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.