JPPF is an open source Grid Computing platform written in Java that makes it easy to run applications in parallel, and speed up their execution by orders of magnitude. Write once, deploy once, execute everywhere!
In this version:
- Submitted tasks can now fetch data from the client while executing
- A node's configuration can now be updated remotely without restart
- A new sample illustrates how tasks can communicate with each other
- Numberous bugs have been fixed, improving the overall stability and performance
JPPF has many outstanding features:
- a JPPF grid can be up and running in minutes
- highly scalable, distributed framework for the execution of Java tasks
- leverages JCA 1.5 to integrate with leading J2EE application servers
- easy programming model that abstracts the complexity of distributed and parallel processing
- graphical and programmatic tools for fine-grained monitoring and administration
- fault-tolerance and self-repair capabilities ensure the highest level of service and reliability
- a set of fully documented sample applications, demonstrating the use of JPPF on real-life problems
- very flexible open-source licensing
- and more ....
Try it for yourself on the JPPF.org web site.