JPPF Releases Version 1.7
In this version:
- Servers are now automatically detected, removing the need to use configuration files
- The administration console was enhanced for greater usability
- Administration commands can now be sent to multiple nodes at once
- The nodes' CPU usage can now be managed by setting the priority of the execution threads
- Critical class loading issues were fixed in the J2EE JCA connector
About JPPF: JPPF is an open source Grid Computing platform written in Java that makes it easy to run applications in parallel, and speed up their execution by orders of magnitude. Write once, deploy once, execute everywhere!
JPPF has many outstanding features:
- a JPPF grid can be up and running in minutes
- highly scalable, distributed framework for the execution of Java tasks
- leverages JCA 1.5 to integrate with leading J2EE application servers
- easy programming model that abstracts the complexity of distributed and parallel processing
- graphical and programmatic tools for fine-grained monitoring and administration
- fault-tolerance and self-repair capabilities ensure the highest level of service and reliability
- a set of fully documented sample applications, demonstrating the use of JPPF on real-life problems
- very flexible open-source licensing
- and more ....
Try it for yourself on the JPPF web site.