According to all the design reviews -http://nywebdevelopment.com/ and studies we can well understand all the advantages of using jQuery. They are:
- Huge Library: The library space is huge and thus it can offer various features and functionalities for better performance in the coding.
- Plug-ins And Open Source: Various built-in plug-in are available and the open source community can also be helpful. All the scripts maintain a proper security network and the plug-ins can be downloaded within few minutes from the functionality section of the jQuery.
- Tutorials and Documentations: The newbie and the beginners can utilize all the documentations and tutorials available in the jQuery programming.
- Small in Size: The jQuery consumes only 83 kb file size and even 29 kb when it is zipped in the library space. Therefore, the process of downloading and caching do not require much effort as the file size is even smaller than a single picture in the web. Moreover, if the CDN (Content Delivery Network) can be used, the browser of the users can cache websites.
- Manage Cross-browser Issues: All the cross-browser issues can be easily managed by the jQuery programs. The implementation may create some issues if they are used in multiple browsers, but jQuery can handle all the issues very smoothly.
- Extensible Functionality: jQuery can be considered as a highly extensible programming. It allows various plug-ins and the third parties for the extension purpose. If any plug-in is not available in the jQuery library, you can always lend them from the third parties.
With all the benefits, there are some limitations of jQuery also. Now, let us go through them: