Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.
Join For Free
Make the transition to Node.js if you are a Java, PHP, Rails or .NET developer with these resources to help jumpstart your Node.js knowledge plus pick up some development tips. Brought to you in partnership with IBM.
You can use it on any HTML web page, and any part of the page can interact with a sprite.
- It works well on iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad - check out this page on an iPhone. (Please note that there is a problem with the current version of Mobile Safari on the iPad - see the documentation page for more information.)
- It has been tested successfully on all the major browsers - even Internet Explorer 6
- It's a great alternative to Flash if your desired platform does not support it.
- It's light-weight so you can do fill the whole window with movement without draining bandwidth.
- Animated objects can also fly above the text of a web page, or you could animate a background, without affecting other elements on the page.
- Internet Explorer 6 +
- iPod Touch
Published at DZone with permission
Hirvesh Munogee, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.