JtestR 0.3.1 Released
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
JtestR 0.3.1 is the current release of the JtestR testing tool. JtestR integrates JRuby with several Ruby frameworks to allow painless testing of Java code, using RSpec, Test/Unit, Expectations, dust and Mocha.
- Integrates with Ant, Maven and JUnit
- Includes JRuby 1.1, Test/Unit, RSpec, Expectations, dust, Mocha and ActiveSupport
- Customizes Mocha so that mocking of any Java class is possible
- Background testing server for quick startup of tests
- Automatically runs your JUnit and TestNG codebase as part of the build
Getting started: http://jtestr.codehaus.org/Getting+Started
New in the 0.3.1 release is upgrade of JRuby to revision r7479 which includes several new Java Integration features, upgrading of ActiveSupport to 2.1.0, fixing a severe memory leak in the background server and some minor usability features.
New and fixed in this release:
JTESTR-50 Difference in functionality when stubbing a method on a Java class vs a Ruby class using mocha
JTESTR-51 Mocking of classes lacking default constructors results in a NameError
JTESTR-53 Push the JtestR JRuby builds to maven repos
JTESTR-56 Upgrade ActiveSupport
JTESTR-57 Make it possible to use local versions of libraries.
JTESTR-59 No output when no tests found.
JTESTR-61 Documentation improvments - ant test-server
JTESTR-62 Having the jtestr.jar in the base directory doesn't work
JTESTR-63 Update JRuby version