Key Findings From New DRaaS Study
Need and desire to consolidate solutions and suppliers.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Based on a recent study conducted by Quorum, TheState of Disaster Recovery Report, it is clear businesses are dealing with overwhelming complexity and cost, and are looking to simplify and consolidate solutions. It is also clear that businesses are looking to migrate more disaster recovery capability to the cloud or hybrid solutions.
Key findings of the study include:
- 75% of respondents are leveraging cloud-based disaster recovery solutions, with 36% using a hybrid on premise and cloud model and 39% using only DraaS.
- 64% of respondents are using more than three different disaster recovery solutions with 26% using more than five different products.
- 89% of respondents are planning on implementing more cloud-based disaster recovery.
- Over 80% of respondents say it will take more than an hour to recover from a server failure.
- Over 75% of respondents have used their disaster recovery solutions after a security threat event.
- Over 50% of respondents are most worried about security threats over hardware failure or backup disk corruption.
- 72% of respondents believe that speed of backup and recovery is very critical.
- 90% of respondents would like to consolidate their disaster recovery solutions into one dashboard.
- 94% of respondents regularly test their backups.
- 88% of respondents can achieve production level testing with their disaster recovery solutions.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.