Last Week's Pie in the Sky Cloud Links
The Cloud Zone is brought to you in partnership with Iron.io. Discover how Microservices have transformed the way developers are building and deploying applications in the era of modern cloud infrastructure.
It's spring and everything is blooming where I live. Which means it's also allergy season; I've been sneezing all morning. Hopefully you're not allergic to some weekend reading, as we've got some good links today:
- Node v0.10.0 released: 0.10 is sort of a big deal. I’d recommend reading the release notes for this one. There’s also a document on API changes between v0.8 and v0.10.
- Using nConf and Azure to avoid leaking secrets on GitHub: nConf is definitely nice to use when you’re publishing to a Windows Azure Web Site.
- Websockets on Rails 4 and Ruby 2: A quick read on getting this set up, with an associated demo, and code.
- A Simplified Query Interface for Relationships in Active Record 4: Query across belong_to relationships without having to specify the foreign key.
- Upgrading Rails: Gems Extracted in Rails 4: When upgrading your Rails site to Rails 4, be aware that some functionality is no longer in core Rails.
- Sinatra 1.4.0, 1.3.6, 1.2.9 released: New versions of Sinatra are available.
- Microsoft Releases Kinect Code Samples To Open Source:It's amazing the number of things people have used the Kinect for. Looks like there are some new learning resources in the form of 22 or so samples.