Learn C#: Tutorials for Beginners, Intermediate, and Advanced Programmers - Part 2
In the software development field, learning constantly is a key to success. Check out these great learning resources for C# developers.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Microsoft heavily supports C#, issuing fixes and updates rapidly – so it’s a more readily updated language compared to other languages, such as Java. Like Java, C# is one of the most popular programming languages, and as such, it has a large, active user community, making it easy to find troubleshooting solutions and coding help on StackOverflow and other online communities.
With the release of .NET Core, we think that C# and .NET Core will be in huge demand in 2018. Be sure to check out our article on why .NET Core is the next big thing.
Programming languages have come a long way in terms of being easy to learn and understand. C# is a versatile programming language, and after learning it, you can apply your skills to a variety of things. With C#, .NET, and Visual Studio, you can build an endless variety of applications, from web apps to mobile apps, REST APIs, and more. Whether you’re learning C# for the first time or ramping up your C# expertise, we’ve rounded up 30 of the best tutorials for both beginners and advanced programmers to get you started.
30 of the Best C# Tutorials - Part 2
11. Channel 9 – Programming in C# Jump Start
What they mean by “Jump Start” fashion is that every topic of this course is example-driven and illustrated by Microsoft’s Jerry Nixon and the co-founder of Crank211, Daren May. The key to this tutorial is repetition as the duo work with multiple examples in real-time to make sure you get the most from the experience. There are some videos in the Jump Start series, and the topics get more advanced as you progress.
- Basics of object oriented programming.
- Fundamentals of a managed language.
- Why C# is the best for OOP.
- C# Syntax.
12. Java2s – C# Tutorial
More popularly known as a place that indexes Java examples, java2s.com has a good C# tutorial as well. This is quite an in-depth tutorial, starting with language basics and moving on to graphics, designs, XML, .NET frameworks, networking, directory services, and security.
- Language basics including predefined exceptions, parameter throw, and parameter reference.
- Data types including boolean, decimal, and bitwise.
- Operators including shift, arithmetic, shortcut, short circuit, bitwise, and ternary operators.
- Windows, XML, and XML LINQ.
13. JKU – C# Tutorial
This two-part course is by Hanspeter Mössenböck from the University of Linz. It is a C# tutorial for programmers who are already familiar with Java or similar languages. It starts out with basic C# features such as types, expressions, statements, and object-orientation, and continues with more advanced features like threads, attributes, namespaces, and assemblies. It also briefly goes over .NET’s base class library.
- Overview, types, and expressions.
- Declarations and statements.
- Classes and structs.
- Namespaces, assemblies, and XML comments.
14. Eduonix – Learn C Sharp Programming From Scratch
This course is by Eduonix, a premier online institution, and the C# course is an instructor-led video that covers basic programming structures, LINQ, C# network programming, and more. A bonus to doing this course is the option to get certified on completion.
- Introduction to C#.
- Iteration and Jumps.
- Object Oriented Programming.
- LINQ and C # Network Programming.
15. SoloLearn – C# Tutorial
This tutorial from Sololearn.com is fun and teaches C# concepts by going through short interactive texts, games, and quizzes. The instructors believe in a hands-on approach and that the best way to learn to code is to practice coding. A well-designed code editor lets you make changes to existing code and see the output on your mobile device. The games are especially useful since they’re fun, and the more you play, the better you get!
- Basic concepts including variables, printing, and arithmetic operators.
- Conditions, loops, and methods.
- Arrays and strings.
- Inheritance, polymorphism, and generics.
16. RB Whitaker – A C# Crash Course
This is a list of over thirty tutorials by RB Whitaker, a software developer at Autonomous Solutions, Inc. (ASI). This course is quite extensive and covers everything from the basics to generics, error handling, and more. The author encourages you to skip over parts that you are already familiar with, meaning you can get through this course more efficiently if you’re not a novice.
- Introduction, installation, and your first C# program.
- Math, more math, decision making, and looping.
- Inheritance, polymorphism, generics, and error handling.
17. HyperionDev – C# Programming Essentials
This is a three- to six-month part-time micro-degree from hyperiondev.com. It’s not free, but it is CSA accredited, making it worth consideration. This micro-degree is for beginners with no programming experience and features one-on-one pairing with a mentor as well as additional career guidance and placement advice upon completion.
- Introduction to C#.
- Control statements.
- Craps game to assess knowledge of prior task.
- Data structures, files, and functions.
This set of coding tutorials created by Bucky Roberts on his YouTube channel called TheNewBoston is especially popular. It is currently one of the most popular computer/technology related channels on YouTube, with close to 900,000 subscribers and over 200 million views.
- Overview of C#.
- Where to download Visual C# 2010 Express edition.
- Basics of C# Programming.
19. PluralSight – C# Fundamentals With C# 5.0
At the moment, Pluralsight has over six courses dedicated to C# programming. This particular course is about six hours long and has a 4.5-star rating across close to 5,000 user surveys. The tutorial is by Scott Allen, a Microsoft MVP who has authored several books on ASP.NET, C#, and Windows Workflow.
- Basic setup and introduction to .NET, CLR, and FCL.
- Editing, compiling and debugging.
- Classes and objects in C#.
- Flow control and object oriented programming.
20. Udemy – C# Basics for Beginners: Learn C# Fundamentals by Coding
This is another tutorial from Udemy. It’s not just for beginners but also for students looking for a refresher course in C# and .NET. It focuses more on a programming mindset and uses videos, real-world examples, and lots of exercises. With 4.6 stars from 7,515 ratings and 30,380 students enrolled, this course by Mosh Hamedani is a great way to learn the fundamentals of C# and the .NET Framework.
- Fundamentals of coding.
- Working with date and time.
- Classes, interfaces, and object oriented programming.
Published at DZone with permission of Angela Stringfellow, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.
Demystifying SPF Record Limitations
DevOps Midwest: A Community Event Full of DevSecOps Best Practices
Constructing Real-Time Analytics: Fundamental Components and Architectural Framework — Part 2
WireMock: The Ridiculously Easy Way (For Spring Microservices)