Life full of -aaS (a.k.a. The list of -aaS.)
The Cloud Zone is brought to you in partnership with Iron.io. Discover how Microservices have transformed the way developers are building and deploying applications in the era of modern cloud infrastructure.
1) AaaS - Analytics as a Service
On demand analytics services. Web-based analytics applications.
2) BaaS - Business as a Service
Business Intelligence As A Service
Backup as a Service
Backup as a Service offers companies the ability to do their backups to the cloud.
3) CaaS - Computing as a Service
Verizon offers computing as a service, addressing Security, Reliability, and Control.
Communications as a Service
Gartner defines CaaS as IP telephony that is located within a third-party data center and managed and owned by a third party.
4) DaaS - Data as a Service
DaaS is based on the concept that the product, data in this case, can be provided on demand.
Desktop as a Service
Outsourcing of a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) to a third party service provider.
5) EaaS - Everything as a Service
From simple office documents to extensive customer service management, EaaS vendors could provide the tools through the cloud (internet).
6) FaaS - Fraud as a Service
When an online fraudulent activity such as trojans is provided as a service.
7) GaaS - Gaming as a Service
Gamers who may wish to either complement their existing gaming console or replace it altogether with a Gaming-as-a-Service (GaaS) option.
8) HaaS - Hardware as a Service
A service provision model for hardware that is defined differently in managed services and grid computing contexts.
9) IaaS - Infrastructure as a Service
One of the commonest and earliest form of -aaS. Provides hardware infrastruture as a service, hence in early times Hardware-as-a-Service (HaaS) was used interchangeably.
10) JaaS - Jobs as a Service
Jobs as a Service for an effective job hunting and decision making
11) KaaS - Knowledge as a Service
An on-demand, bite-sized, where-needed approach to skill acquisition.
12) LaaS - Logging as a Service
Log management in the cloud
13) MaaS - Mashups as a Service
When SOA meets web-2.0.
14) NaaS - Network as a Service
SaaS (software as a service) web 2.0 model to mobile operators and the intelligence stored within their networks.
15) OaaS - Oracle as a Service
16) PaaS - Platform as a Service
Something that stays in between software application and infrastructure as service (SaaS and IaaS).
As providing our WSO2 Carbon middleware Platform as a Service over the cloud, we have discussed this several times before over this blog itself. Hence omitting further discussion mow. :)
17) QaaS - Query as a Service
Quality as a Service
18) RaaS - Recovery as a Service
Allows you to keep and maintain ongoing backups and data recovery files.
Routing as a Service
Replication as a Service
Provides replication through the cloud infrastructure as a Service
19) SaaS - Software as a Service
Application in the cloud. Along with infrastructure as a service, this is first among as-a-service.
20) TaaS - Testing as a Service
Many organizations including Wipro and Qutesys provide testing and quality assurance using the pay-as-you-go model.
21) UaaS - Utilities as a Service
22) VaaS - Virtualization as a Service
VaaS offers low cost virtual servers using enterprise class hardware in secured datacenters.
23) WaaS - Wireless as a Service
24) XaaS - Anything as a Service. Mostly used as an umbrella term (xaaS) to refer to all the -as a Service terminology used.
25) YaaS - You-as-a-Service
26) ZaaS - Zebra as a Service
Feel free to provide reference to any other as-a-Service of the form xaaS that I may have missed in this list, as a comment below. I have come up with this list using the help of Google. So if your aaS is far below in the Google's ranking, most probably I would have missed it. Moreover you can find many similar lists of aaS online. I have found one myself before. However most of them are outdated lists and doesn't contain the new emerging or made-up xaaS acronyms or terminology.