Lightest Testing Framework - 0.3 Release!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
I'm pleased to announce the 0.3 release of Lightest! Lightest is a lightweight task-based functional and integration testing framework built on Groovy and TestNG. This release contains many changes and bugfixes. Some highlights are:
- Incremental report updates - the report is updated throughout the test run, not just once at the end. A list of pending test method invocations is included in the HTML report.
- Support for finding Groovy classes by package, as specified in the TestNG suite XML.
- Auto-wiring of task configuration to task class properties.
- Better concurrency behavior, especially for multi-threaded tests.
- Upgraded the bundled Groovy version to 1.6.3 .
- Ability to attach multiple reporters and TestNG listeners via the configuration.
- Improved usability of dynamic content in reports.
Please find more information about Lightest both at the Google project page and the Stress Free Testing site, which includes the main documentation, tutorial, API docs, a sample report, release notes, and information on how to pull the artifact from the maven repository!
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.